INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME
APPLICATIONS INVITED FOR THE 2016 INTAKE
Belgium Campus NPC is a well-established Private Higher Education Institution in Pretoria. The campus delivers about 10% of all IT graduates in South Africa annually; graduates receive on average 5 job offers upon graduating. 60% of the students are awarded bursaries by the private sector and the Belgian Development Cooperation. Belgium Campus’s success stems from its proactive approach through its Participative Development Model of Education that takes all stakeholders’ needs into account, resulting in a demand-driven, student-centred and business-focused programme of higher learning.
Belgium Campus in collaboration with its partners offers an ICT qualification in software development of a high standard to talented South African youngsters.
The qualification and associated learning programme is aligned to the ICT skills required by the enterprise applications development industries as well as the financial IT industries. The learning programme consists of the following courses: Programming in C#, .NET, JAVA, DBMS, business analysis, project management and business intelligence. The result of recognition of prior learning (RPL) will determine the qualification for which learners are enrolled. Successful completion of the programme will lead to a Diploma/Degree in Information Technology Studies.
The duration of the learnership is 24 months - comprised of 12 months of theoretical learning and 12 months paid workplace learning. Employment will be offered on successful completion of the learnership.
The academic program is fully sponsored and a number of opportunities are still available to applicants who satisfy the following admission requirements:
· South Africans who have already matriculated and have done already two or more years of tertiary IT education and who have not completed that qualification or who graduated and are still unemployed.
· Applicants may not be involved in any other studies from 01 January 2016 and 31 December 2017.
· Applicants must be willing to study at the Campus during the first year.
· Applicants must be willing to perform paid in-service training during the second year at a company.
· Applicants must be willing to undergo screening assessments.
· Applicants must have no criminal record.
· Applicants must be South African citizens.
· Persons with disabilities are welcome and need to provide a medical certificate confirming the nature of the disability.
How to apply:
To avoid disqualification, please e-mail your CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with Matric certificate and certified proof of tertiary education studies together with an academic record to email@example.com
Closing Date: 18 December 2015. Successful candidates will hear from us by 20 January 2016.